As wine connoisseurship evolves, I look toward developing ways to express the aspects of wine I love the most. I recognize that wine is a product of nature and science; my goal is as natural as can be: to help make the connection between joy of taste and the bountiful pleasures of life.”

bebeosage@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More Like A Stroke Than A Toot

In a few short days, I'll be standing behind a table pouring wine for any and all of you that want to join in on the carousing. This time the revolution will not be televised, but for those interested die-hard wine event-goers, this year's Oscars of Wine event will be an adventure you don’t want to hear about at the water cooler.

Last year, my selections took the Oscar for "People's Choice" and in the last few weeks, like a late night promotion for a WWF title match, I've had a few prank calls and anonymous promises to dethrone me and seize my glistening, ruby-studded belt. So, more than I'm suggesting you come just to offset these ridiculous attempts to intimidate, I'm suggesting you come because the wines I'm pouring are absolutely rock star.

In this case, as before, YOU taste and be the judge as to which wine is deserving of the Oscar. Celebrity judges Jane Garvey, Todd Rushing, Doug Strickland, HervĂ© Pennequin and Doug Bryant will choose the "Judges Choice" in each category. We can join hands and unify our Jedi forces; stare into my eyes, taste the wine and repeat after me: "These aren’t the droids you're looking for...move along.”

Limited to 150 guests and sells out quickly, so call today. Oh, BTW, the event will be held on Sunday, February the 24th at TROIS in Midtown. For See you there - 1180 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309; 404 815 3337.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck, Vajra!

Gibson said...

Vaj,

I love the reference to Star Wars, but it does date you. Short and sweer just how I like it. Keep up the good work Dude and "May the force be with you".