As wine connoisseurship evolves, I look toward developing ways to express the aspects of wine I love the most. I recognize that wine is a product of nature and science; my goal is as natural as can be: to help make the connection between joy of taste and the bountiful pleasures of life.”

bebeosage@comcast.net

Monday, July 28, 2008

Bitches brew, and Julie Andrews at Octane Coffee Lounge


As I write this im sipping on my first ever 10$ cup, yeah,..cup of coffee. Inspired by the OTC pep rally and the whimsical brass blasts from Mr. Davis, this stuff is like Grand Cru Burgundy. Perhaps the personification of power and elegance this stuff is oozing layers of flavours that I can detect but am having a hard time pinning. If you were in a studio with the headphones on and you were given the task of mixing an orchestral piece but couldn’t turn the volume up past 3 more than twice,…well,…its something like that. You know there is an English horn in there somewhere and there surely is a Euphonium but just as you struggle to identify its majesty, a harmonic convergence erupts, and the breadth is revealed. Yes, I say…YES! It’s Hacienda Esmeralda!! Get up on this bus yawl !!

To learn more about the coffee that’s said to be one of the three best in the world go to http://www.haciendaesmeralda.com.
If you want to know where to get a bag of beans ( good idea) and to get a freshly pressed cup and a bag of beans ( better idea) head on down to the best coffee shop in Georgia on Brady and Marietta. You know the game, Octane is the name. Ssserioussly!

2 comments:

Beachy Rustica said...

Vajra, the Hacienda Esmeralda rocks! A bag appeared in vahi last night & became this morning's brew... it is stellar. Thanks for sharing it!

Beverly

David LaMont said...

I'm glad you liked the Esmeralda--I think our roasters nailed the profile. I've got another bag slated to come my way at the end of this month. Maybe I'll bestow an ounce or two on you all from "on high" (read: the second floor).