As wine connoisseurship evolves, I look toward developing ways to express the aspects of wine I love the most. I recognize that wine is a product of nature and science; my goal is as natural as can be: to help make the connection between joy of taste and the bountiful pleasures of life.”

bebeosage@comcast.net

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the garden of good and righteous


Exclusivity is something that most people are turned on by right? So, in the spirit of “turn-on’s”, and in this instance, double good “turn-on’s”, I thought that developing a series of consumer friendly wine tastings featuring exclusive, near exclusive or lesser known, new wines to the ATL market would be both fun and alluring. The idea came a few weeks back while visiting my friends at Hawkes winery in the Alexander Valley. Although the brand Hawkes has been in the market for months, its one among many other labels that just doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. So, the first in this series will be the wines of Hawkes. Fortunately, we will have Mr. Jake Hawkes in the flesh so this thing will be all the more real and right! Micah Willix and the BOH of Ecco will do a few rounds of what’s sure to be delectable canapé and nibbles to go along with the wines. This 15$ tasting will be well worth investment. I encourage you to come join us!

No comments: